Could High Low Glitter actually help you live a life with less regret? We think so.
In her book The Top Five Regrets of the Dying, palliative care nurse Bronnie Ware identifies five common themes expressed by the dying:
I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- When you share your High Low Glitter you are sharing what really happened in your day, not just the most exceptional, dazzling, entertaining pieces of the day. High Low Glitter requires you share the good and bad, the ups and downs: the whole story, the real story from the authentic, true you.
I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
- High Low Glitter starts with a reflective pause as you think back on your day. This gentle practice counteracts life’s frantic pace. Whether you journal your High Low Glitter or share it with loved ones around the dinner table or online, you are taking time to look inward and nurture your spirit.
I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- Expressing yourself in a meaningful way to a small group of people who know you best is at the core of High Low Glitter. When we built highlowglitter.com and the phone apps, we purposely limited the number of connections to 7. Research showed us that as the quantity of connections decreases, the quality of authentic sharing increases. High Low Glitter is designed to make sharing your feelings a safe and comfortable experience.
I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- Quality connection with family and close friends is again at the core of High Low Glitter. When you share your answers to the 3 High Low Glitter questions – designed to capture the little moments that seem to matter most – with family and close friends you give and receive a full picture of each other’s day-to-day life.
I wish that I had let myself be happier.
- While we have been told by many that the act of recording and sharing highs, lows and glitters brings users a great deal of joy, the glitter was especially designed to accomplish that task. When you look to find your glitter – a special or unexpected moment that stands out and shines brighter than all the other moments from your day – you also find perspective and gratitude. All of which leads to greater contentment.
Let us know how High Low Glitter helps you live with less regret.